Position: Financial Planning & Sales Intern
Compensation:$12-15/hour + Monroe-Brown Scholarship
We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our fast-paced, client-focused organization! The ideal candidate would be familiar with or interested in financial planning and wealth management. He or she should be comfortable doing research, thinking analytically and managing multiple projects at once. This multi-faceted position will work across three teams within Rose Street Advisors—Retirement Planning/Investments, Life Insurance and Employee Benefits.
Partnering side-by-side with firm owners and employees, the student in this internship position will have the opportunity to take the lead on multiple projects, which include:
Retirement Planning/Investments Team
Reporting to: Carl Doerschler, CMFC | Principal and Financial Advisor
Summary: Understand the firm structure, industry requirements and regulations associated with investments and securities. Become knowledgeable about the sales process and focus on the operational aspect of doing business and servicing clients.
- Retirement Planning/Investments Project #1: Research and recommend two new custodial options, as made available by the firm’s broker-dealer, M Financial.
- Retirement Planning/Investments Project #2: Understand the department’s strategic overview, research and recommend process improvements to increase productivity and efficiency.
Life Insurance Team
Reporting to: Craig Platt, CLU, ChFC, CFP, LIC | Principal and Life Insurance Advisor
Summary: Participate as an active member of the advising team, understanding the sales process, life and disability insurance underwriting procedures, and policy and carrier concerns. He/she would also be part of internal strategy sessions addressing roadblocks concerning clients.
- Life Insurance Project #1: Develop mail-based marketing resources for business clients and advisors.
- Life Insurance Project #2: Source relevant content and whitepapers to be used for client outreach and education.
Employee Benefits Team
Reporting to: Kevin McPherson, LIC | Principal and Employee Benefits Advisor
Summary: Participate in the sales, operations and client-driven service of the Employee Benefits team. This includes gaining experience with: sales, closing business opportunities, onboarding clients, implementing new technology, policy renewals and retention strategy.
Employee Benefits projects could include (but not limited to):
- Identify and implement a more efficient sales tracking system
- Maximize the use of Maxwell Health platform
- Research and recommend efficiencies for small business clients
- Help plan and execute the firm’s annual client seminar