HRM is on the Move!
After talking about our move since May, we (the HRM Innovations/HR Consulting team) have finally joined the rest of the team at Rose Street Advisors in our newly renovated building. When you see it, you’ll be amazed that this could be the same place!
Every major change comes with some new lessons. Here are some things we’ve learned along the way:
- Every organization has its own culture. If you have the opportunity to pick a culture to join, pick one that believes in having plenty of food and great coffee available.
- Don’t wait until it’s time to move to purge old files.
- Moving and construction always have surprises, address your challenges as a team.
- Be flexible, business changes quickly and we have to be ready to adapt.
- Respect the past, but plan and live for the future.
- Having an attractive place to work really does make a difference and doesn’t need to cost a ton of money.
- Do pay attention when it comes time to learn how to use the copier.
Want to come check it out? Please come join us for art, a drink, and to see our new space at 244 North Rose Street in Kalamazoo at the November Art Hop on Friday November 1st from 5:00 – 8:00 (more info here).
Look forward to seeing you then!
Don’t wait until it’s time to move to purge old files.